What is Software Testing Tools?
Tools from a software testing context can be defined as a product that supports one or more test activities right from planning, requirements, creating a build, test execution, defect logging and test analysis.
Xray is the #1 Manual & Automated Test Management App for QA. It’s a full-featured tool that lives inside and seamlessly integrates with Jira. Its aim is to help companies improve the quality of their products through effective and efficient testing.
- Traceability between requirements, tests, defects, executions
- Define reusable preconditions and associate to tests
- Organize tests in folders and test sets
- Test plans for tracking progress
- Test environments
- BDD – Write Cucumber scenarios in Jira
- Integrates with test automation frameworks (Selenium, JUnit, Nunit, Robot, …)
- Built-in REST API
- CI integrations (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Built-in reports
Testpad is a simpler and more accessible manual test tool that prioritizes pragmatism over process. Instead of managing cases one at a time, it uses checklist-inspired test plans that can be adapted to a wide range of styles including Exploratory testing, the manual side of Agile, syntax highlighted BDD, and even traditional test case management.
- Guest testers, invited by email, who don’t need accounts,
- Simple enough to use by non-testers; get everyone to help at release time
- Drag’n’drop organisation of test plans
- Add new tests during testing, as you think of new ideas
- Lightweight integration with issue trackers, including JIRA
PractiTest is an end-to-end test management tool. A common meeting ground for all QA stakeholders, it enables full visibility into the testing process and a deeper broader understanding of testing results.
- A vast array of third-party integrations with common bug trackers, automation tools, and robust API for the rest.
- Fully customizable & flexible for the ever-changing needs of QA teams: customize fields, views, permissions, issue workflows and more
- Reuse tests and correlate results across different releases and products.
- Unique hierarchical filter trees – organize everything and find anything quickly.
- Never work twice – with anti-bug duplicates, permutations, step parameters and call to test
- Visualize data with advanced dashboards and reports
- Fast professional and methodological support
TestRail is your source for scalable, customizable, web-based test case management. Set up in just minutes with our cloud-based/SaaS solution, or install on TestRail your own server.
- Efficiently manage manual and automated test cases, plans, and runs.
- Get real-time insights into testing progress with informative dashboards, metrics, and activity reports.
- Boost efficiency with milestones, personal to-do lists, and email notifications.
- Document test cases with screenshots and expected results. Use the flexible built-in templates or create your own custom templates.
- Integrate with tools in your CI/CD/DevOps pipeline including JIRA, Bugzilla, Jenkins, TFS and more.
- Enterprise edition designed for large teams & mission-critical projects.
- Support for Docker containers.
TestMonitor is an end-to-end test management tool for every organization. A simple and intuitive approach to testing. Whether you’re implementing enterprise software, need QA, building a quality app or just need a helping hand in your test project, TestMonitor has you covered.
- Requirement and risk-based testing.
- Advanced test case design capable of supporting thousands of cases.
- Robust planning tools with multi-tester runs and milestone cloning.
- Comprehensive result tracking.
- Integrated issue management.
- Smart reporting with many filter and visualization options.
- Revolutionary simple UI.
- Third-party integrations featuring Jira, DevOps, and Slack. REST API included.
- Professional support with quick response time.
21 is a sophisticated, self-learning test automation and analytics platform for iOS and Android applications.
- Fast and intelligent authoring – AI assisted authoring empowers users to create automated functional and UI tests in minutes.
- Results you trust – Seamless algorithmic locators system ensures stable results across all frameworks.
- Eliminate maintenance and flaky results – self-learning maintenance autonomously updates tests and assures your team can focus on developing new features, while relying on test results.
- Release with confidence – Production integration closes the feedback loop and analyze actual coverage. Use data when releasing.
- Fully SaaS, requires no installation or devices to create or execute tests. Offers access to dozens of devices seamlessly.
HeadSpin is the world’s first Connected Intelligence PlatformTM that provides Web, Mobile, IoT, and 5G solutions to unify testing, monitoring, and analytics across applications, devices, and networks. HeadSpin empowers development, QA, operations, and product teams to optimize connected experiences and ensure digital business success.
- Access to 300+ devices over 30+ countries on shared device cloud:
- Remote Debugging
- Real SIM-enabled Android and iOS devices
- 500+ parallel tests
- Regression Testing
- Localization Testing
- Locally debugging and code profiling
8) Parasoft Selenic
Parasoft Selenic leverages AI to address your problems with Selenium so you don’t have to get rid of Selenium. It works directly with your existing Selenium tests, so you’re not locked into a proprietary platform.
- Self-healing at runtime and AI-driven recommendations post-execution. You can efficiently maintain existing Selenium scripts, reducing the time spent maintaining, repairing, and fixing broken tests.
- Create Selenium test suites with the Page Object Model. Teams can rapidly build a maintainable testing practice from the start.
- Optimize test execution with Test Impact Analysis. Cross-correlating test execution with underlying code changes gives you quicker feedback from your CI/CD pipeline.
Squish is the GUI Test Automation tool of choice for more than 3000 companies worldwide to automate the functional regression tests and system tests of their graphical user interface (GUIs) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs). The Squish GUI testing tool is 100% cross platform tool.
- In-depth support for all major GUI technologies
- Full support for all desktop, mobile, web and embedded platforms
- Test script recording
- Powerful and reliable object identification and verifications (object-based and image based)
- No dependency on screenshots or visual appearance
- Powerful integrated development environment (IDE)
- A wide range of popular script languages for test scripting
- Full support for Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Full control via command line tools
- Integrations with Test Management and CI-Systems
Over 14,000 users worldwide accelerate testing with Ranorex Studio, an all-in-one tool for cross-platform test automation. Ranorex is easy for beginners with a codeless click-and-go interface, but powerful for automation experts with a full IDE.
- Robust object identification for reliable tests and reduced maintenance
- Shareable object repository and reusable code modules
- Cross-browser testing
- Automates challenging interfaces like SAP, ERP, Delphi and legacy applications
- Run tests in parallel or distribute on a Selenium Grid
- Built-in reporting
- Ranorex integrates with solutions for BDD, CI/CD, source control, test management, defect-tracking, and more for a complete test automation toolchain